• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xyan

asm please help

This topic is 6117 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I downloaded masm32 and unzipped, now where's the asm compiler and how do make a project? Couldn't find it, is it qeditor.exe, so how do I start basicly? And is there a way to integrate it into msvc so I can write in-line c++ asm? Edited by - Xyan on December 25, 2001 11:49:11 AM

Advertisement
Visual C++ comes with its own inline asm ... check the docs under __asm

if you want to write an external .asm you need to know 2 things... first how to pass arguments in asm (look up stuff on the stack) and second how to recieve them in C++ (check docs on extern)

if you want to know how to use masm... i think the cute little editor/compiler tool is masm.bat
I personally don''t use it... i (usually write inline... but for discussion...) compile by getting a DOS prompt and typing (i have a cute bat file to do all the option flags which i dont have here or memorized) assemble whatever.asm

my assemble.bat looks somthing like (man i hope i remember this right it has been a year)
masm %1 /t/p (no.... that doent look right... crap i guess just read the docs or hope someone posts a reply on what it really is.... merry Xmas!)

Brett Lynnes
cheez_keeper@hotmail.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!