• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yanuart

Texture from inside of the object

This topic is 6025 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to make a sphere and add texture on it, but I want to place my camera inside the sphere so it can see around n inside from the sphere. After I added the texture it seems that the texture on reflect on the outside but not on the inside so my cam only get a dark pitch, what can I do to make my texture also available from the inside ?? ps : I''m using MAX as my 3D tools

Advertisement
G''day!

Most likely your sphere is being culled since you''re viewing the triangles from ''behind''. If you can get 3DMax (or the exporter) to reverse the winding order of the vertices, then you''re set.

Otherwise you can set
SetRenderState(D3DRS_CULLMODE,D3DCULL_NONE);

though that isn''t a perfect solution. For example, if you use lighting, your lighting will be wrong since your normals are facing the wrong way.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena

You can also scale the sphere by -1 to have the same effect.

D3DXMatrixScale(spherematrix, -1,-1,-1);

(or something similar to that)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!