• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShilohRain

Terrain Tiling?

This topic is 6016 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to make a map with multiple types of terrain(woods,roads,fields,etc). As it stands now, in Photoshop, I''m hand drawing directly onto the terrain.jpg. Is it possible to add multiple terrain textures directly to the polys(triangles that make the ground surface) that would tile on top of the terrain.jpg? I.E. higher detailed woods, road, field terrain texture? I''m not getting the terrain detail I need just hand drawing colors that represent the terrain types. Am I making any sense?

Advertisement
Hi ShilohRain to draw stuff like roads on the terrain draw them in the image named detail.pcx. I read hat in the help files that its suppose to let you draw directly on the terrain. Good Luck let me know if it works.

The detail image is tiled many times across the terrain. It''s not meant for drawing on unique features like roads. You can only have one detail texture for the entire level so it has to be fairly subtle.

The engine doesn''t uses multiple passes for the terrain so you cannot draw another layer of detail on top.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!