Picking / glRenderMode(GL_SELECT)

Started by
2 comments, last by Hedin 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi I’m having a rather annoying problem with my picking implementation. I’ve done more or less as the documentation and the NeHe tutorial on the subject says and everything works fine when I run the app in a window. But when switching to fullscreen it takes forever, 0.5s to 0.7s, for OpenGL to “render” (nothing is being rendered since I’m running in glRenderMode(GL_SELECT)) the object being picked. I’ve done tests with over a hundred objects and it’s just the picked object that is causing the huge render time. I appreciate any help or hints I can get on this one, I have a 16Mb Voodoo 3000.
Advertisement
Thanks for all the answers

Now I have installed a Geforce2 MX instead and picking works fine... but now I''m having problems with RTCW... don''t you just love computers?
you are probably already doing this, but draw everything as a flat quad instead of shaded textured quads and get rid of all the lighting and stuff if you are using it whilst doing the pick call. It helps speed it up as it doesn''t have to draw as much, and it doesn''t really care if it is textured or not.
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
Yes I am but thanks any way!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement