comment on my game/demo

Started by
4 comments, last by m1i1k 22 years, 3 months ago
I just finished my game using Power Render. Any comments or bug reports would be appreciated. I was going to add a lot more obstacles, but I got bored. www.geocities.com/m1i1k Mike
Mike
Advertisement
Please make this run at a constant speed using the timer functions. On my AMD 1.2 Athlon it was impossibly fast and the game was over in a couple of seconds even on the slow setting
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
It runs ok on my AMD 1Ghz Athlon using my Geforce 3 card which is running under Win XP. Interesting arcade game. I can move into a position where I never get hit by the spire objects. I can even set it on insane speed 5 and never get hit as long as I don''t move. You usually can position yourself between the spires where you never get hit. You probably need to randomize your spire or obstacles to make it more challenging and maybe give more life as a reward to the player based on how well he is evading the obstacles.

Doug
Neat game. Although it does run absurdly fast on fast machines. I had to run it on my older test machine, a K6-2 300 with a TNT2 to get it to run at a playable speed. You need to use the timers Chris so wonderfully put in for us in order for the game to run the same on all computers.

-Rich
i got this error when running the game

"PR_setmode: could find suitable depth buffer format! Please try running in 32 bit color mode"

P3-800 with Geforce256
512 mb RAM
32 bit desktop on Nvidia driver 23.11

tried 16 bit but still giving the same error

all my PR samples run fine.
did you compile with the latest 8.1 build ?

I compiled with the DirectX 8.0 version.
Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement