VB MMORPG.. Users Online list?

Started by
3 comments, last by Maiku 22 years, 3 months ago
Hey guys, I am working on an MMORPG in Visual Basic. I am trying to make a box that shows the users that are currently online. Do you guys know how I should go about doing it? Thanks for the help... --Mike
Advertisement
assuming you are using the GUI (and not DX or something), you can use a ListBox control.
i am also assuming that you already have a list or collection of users online; just use this data to fill the ListBox. if you don''t have this yet, then you should work on that first

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
i just saw your other (duplicate) post... btw, don''t do that!
anyways, based on what you said there, search for "winsock" and "visual basic" (and possibly "client" and/or "server") in google or altavista or something.
you are a long way from finishing an online game, but don''t quit quite yet; the information is out there, you just need the time.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
If you want to make an MMORPG.... You should really invest time in learning C++.

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com
I see no point in learning C++ for such game, but anyways.. Have the server sent any new players/leaving players to you, so you can add/remove the player from a simple array. Simply show the array somewhere using DX functions, or like previously mentioned listbox. At connecting have the server sent *all* players to you..

Should work fine...
www.persistentrealities.com for Inline ASM for VB, VB Fibre, and other nice code samples in C++, PHP, ASP, etc.<br/>Play Yet Another Laser Game!<br/>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement