Does this sound orchestral to you?

Started by
22 comments, last by Vaevictis_A 22 years, 2 months ago
Damn, I love atmospheric stuff! Icewind dale cover rocks. But the sound quality isn''t very convincing. I suggest you to use some good stereo samples - these are quite good http://badvoc.dhs.org/claymore/index.htm. In order to use them well, you''ll need a better tracker than Ft2. Modplug looks nice, has lots of features, good resampling and is easy to learn. I was also a Ft2 user and believe me, it''s worth trying.
-Claymore-
Advertisement
If you like FT2, I think you''d probably LOVE ACID Pro/Music. It has a similar interface, but much more in the bells-and-whistles department. Take a look at this classical(ish) piece I made in it at my site, http://edropple.tripod.com/music.
Sqeek.
YOWZA!
That is good.
Quite good.
Whoa.
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
Can FT2 convert songs into mp3 format? How easy is it to use? I am quite interested in making some music for a game of mine, but I need to fing a good program to do it. I tried buzz tracker but it was a bit too ''low level'' for me (editing hex numbers isn''t fun). That and I couldn''t figure out how to convert the buzz tracker songs into any other format.

Moe''s site
FT2 is Fast Tracker 2. It''s OK for fun use IMO, i.e. fior your own amusement, but for professional stuff made in a tracker, IT (Impulse Tracker) or MPT (Modplug Tracker) are probably better. Although Zack did make the soundtrack for twisted edge in FT2...so...ho-hum...again, it''s try it all and see which you prefer, I guess.
Oh, BTW: You can track a song on FT2 then use MPP or MPT to save a WAV version which you can then encode to MP3...but that kinda mutes the idea of it unless you are using HUGE samples...
Damn, I keep having to post extra bits that I forgot :\

Anyway, there is always MO3 (takes an Xm or IT or whatever file and encodes all the samples to MP3). http://www.un4seen.com/music/ for more info on that...
Chesss sounds a lot like the Menu Theme in Anachronox
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me

hey, sounds quite nice!

You made it with FT2? how many years did you work on it? ;-)

ft2 is a program of mid 90''s, made from and for
"PC-demo scene". It''s written to make music for
pc-demos (for those who don''t know demo scene, which are
most I guess: consider "demos" programs like
today''s multi-media benchmarks. Nice graphical effects,
nice music. but they were not intended to benchmark a system,
rather to show the programmers/teams skills
in being creative and pushing the PC to its limits)

Does anyone know if there are some of the old demo compos
still alive? IE "assembly", "the party" etc?
Alas, I never attended such competition, but if there still were
one, I would!!

There are loads of mod-compos going on, but I dunno about demo compos...I think that there may still be some nostalgics who do

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement