• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laroche

in the horizon

This topic is 6024 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

After having gone through the Tricks of the WGG, what is the next book to buy if i plan on continuing 2d isometric games? Isometric Games for Directx by Earnest something (im sorry I forgot your name if you read this ) looks good, but is there any other options available? i always like to keep an open mind and look at all the books first before choosing which to buy.

Advertisement
TAN''s book is damn good. Since you''ve read tricks of the windows game programming gurus, you can probably cut right to the meat of tan''s book.. which is pretty comprehensive.
other than that, there aren''t very many ISO books out there, and out of those, there aren''t very many good ones.
I suggest getting Isometric Game Programming with Direct X, its worth the 50 bux.

-eldee
;another space monkey;

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!