• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

north_wolf

VC problem?

This topic is 6020 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello guys. i used the standard std::vector template class in my program on VC++6, but boundschecker tell me that some memory leaks occured in source file crtdll.c,locale0.cpp,xmemory,onexit.c,xlock.cpp and resource leak by my fopen() function ,but i''v closed it before program termination. why? is it a VC bug? i''m sure i have freed all memory allocated by myself.

Advertisement
It really wouldn''t surprise me if they leak, but double check you have all your service packs installed. Then make a new console project, and do nothing but use that vector, and see if it still leaks.

thank u. i think it isnt a VC bug because is has no memory leak in a simple program. perhaps it is because i used it in a DLL,it was not properly destruct before the DLL been unloaded from memory. but i''m not sure.

A known problem with memory checkers like BC because the memory is freed after BC does its reporting. (due to static destruction order)

However, one of the resource leaks seems to be genuine enough though.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!