• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

binary1230

SPC700 Fun Fun Fun - For the true gurus

This topic is 6201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, check out this ultra weird question I have: I have been reading extensively about the SNES SPC700 unit, and here is what I want to do: I took a REAL SNES SPC700, and removed it from my [quite mangled but still working] SNES. What I want to do is program it like you would from inside the 65816 via $2140/etc, except instead of doing it from inside the SNES, I want to hook up the SPC unit to my computer [via the parrallel port or an ISA card, the interface is irrelevant] and program it there. What I need to know if anyone has any pinouts for the actual SPC700 unit, or any reason why this will not work. I know its a useless and pointless idea to program this thing outside the SNES, but I want to have a little fun with some wierdness. Anyway, thanks ~Dom C.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!