• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tjoppen

Hey! This works!

This topic is 6024 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was exploring fup´s CNeuralNet class, so that i would understand it, which i finally did... Then I decided to take on a "mission"...To make TicTacToe with semi-intelligent NN''s... I was playing around, making all those funcs which were needed, and guess what?? It worked! They(2 of ''em) actually play TTT! Perhaps not good, but they play! I´m som proud Anyway, would it improve the NN if i changed the number of layers to, say 10 and the number of neurons to say 81(now i have 1 layer with 9 neurons, 9 inputs and one output)... Or perhaps i should make 9 outputs, and the one with the highest value is the "box to check"...

Advertisement
Cool - I was planning on trying the same thing sometime soon although I''ll most likely make a mess of it.

so could you point me to fup''s class/tutorial ?

Sure: http://www.gameai.com/buckland.html

I´m considering making the TTT complete and putting it on Open Source...If it´s OK with fup that i use his CNeuralNet...

In general, more neurons means the NN has less ability to generalize to similar situations and is more optimized to a particular training set and basically incompetent outside of that training set.

i did this:

#define INPUTS 9
#define OUTPUTS 1
#define HIDDEN_LAYERS 0
#define NEURONS_PER_LAYER 9

Which landed me at 90 neurons...

It appears that they became...faster...
And there was also a dramatic decrease in ties...
From 90% ties to about 10%, which pretty much says it all

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!