• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CEisnaugle

DevDlgProc and some Variables

This topic is 6193 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Had a couple of quick questions about the dialog box function for device selection: (DevDlgProc) - There is a control referenced by the ID: IDC_DRIVERCOMBO2. This is not used within the dialog box definition itself, is this a legacy control and should not be concerned with it? - Also in reference to the first question, in that same routine a variable "PickedDriver2" is set to teh CurSel of the control referenced above that is not used. This variable is then later referenced in the function "PR_ChooseDDraw_Driver" and its value is placed in a variable called "Driver2" which I assume is used by the routine that called "PR_ChooseDDraw_Driver". What is it expecting to find as a value within this variable (aka what is this variable used for?) Im streamlining some code and wanting to enchance the dialog box to allow selection of a starting resolution for the devices available and wanting to make sure I understand the use of these variables. Thanks, Chris Eisnaugle

Advertisement
They were for selecting the second device in a multimonitor setup. This isn''t supported in PR4 but the variables still exist in case I decide to add it back in a later release.

I don''t think they are used but to be safe set them to the same as the first device values.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!