Zelda

Started by
24 comments, last by clrscr 22 years, 3 months ago
Hmmm... Well, if Diablo is a RolePlayingGame, so is the very first Zelda. You had Experience points. And, when you were about to level, you could choose to increase your lowest stat (weapon-life-magic), or continue amassing Experience to increase a stat that is allready higher

I''ve played a character with only points in weapon (kick-ass sword), or pure magic (well... that''s lame, ''cause you kinda need a sword), or pure life (jippie! I won''t die, but neither will they )... Yeah, that was the life...

-Maarten Leeuwrik
"Some people when faced with the end of a journey simply decide to begin anew I guess."
Advertisement
quote:Original post by clrscr
What do you consider Zelda (Any of them), I dont think there RPG''s because there missing some key elements, like exp points and such.

Zelda II had exp points :p

-Hyatus
"da da da"

I think the best way to tell an RPG from an adventure game is to look at the main character at the end of the game. Take Metroid as an example... Great game. But the main character for me and my friend and everyone else on the planet was identical at the end...

The zelda games are in the same vein... The only difference in character at the end of the game are slight variations based on finding or not finding an item. Nothing about player-character interaction.

The first Diablo is almost the same. My rogue and EVERY other rogue in the world end up looking and being identical. Diablo 2 changed that with the skill system. My lvl 40 Necromancer will be unique to me...

My 2 coppers.
Landsknecht
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
Hase - By all meens you are fully entitled to your opinon, just as I am...We arn''t going to change each others minds....I just get agitated when I read these threads argueing that RPGs must have "X,Y, and Z" in the form of "A,B, and C"...when two treads down someone asks if changeing the form of "A,B, and/or C" would make for a ''better RPG'' and everyone posts in agreement

Zelda : action-adventure.
Diablo : rogue-like RPG.

Give us cake, or give us death!
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
allright MSW, but me thinks that if people get agitated it´s not a constructive discussion anymore ..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement