• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZenGeneral

request for comments on a game client

This topic is 6019 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This page http://zengeneral.zenerd.com/ev4k contains a pre-alpha demo of a game client I am developing for a multi-player trading game. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on it besides the texturing and modelling because I already know that my artistic skills suck... Also, please note.. the dimensions are rates are based on the database information, and the current rates are primarily for testing. controls are: up - accelerate down - brake left - turn left right - turn right keypad0 - fire! keypad1 - fire something else (a work in progress)

Advertisement
This game ran pretty poorly on my machine. I have PII 350 MHz and 394 Megs of Ram. Video card is voodoo 2 8meg

Also another thing i noticed is that the controls seemed reversed. Like if i pushed right it looked left and so forth.

I guess thats all i can say until i can get it running.

It kept saying recieved message id. I think you said this is going to be a multi player in that case i have a cable modem for internet access

The message id had to do with mouse input like mouse over and such.

I know the speed is somewhat hindered it is operating with a few O(n^2) algorithms, I plan to reduce them when I make other components more stable. I am working on a sector based collision detection now, that is the slowest component.

Why Not?

Works fine I guess
P3 800mhz
256 mb ram
geforce 256 32mb
DSL
yadda yadda

||--------------------------||
Black Hole Productions
President/Programmer/Expert on stuff
||--------------------------||

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!