• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dynamiclinknewbie

How do I start???

This topic is 6019 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don''t know if this is the right section but.. I have to make a game for a project and my big mouth or hands in that matter, stated that I would use MSVC and DirectX.(both which I have no knowledge of) I tried the For Beginners section of this site but it doesn''t help me exactly. I''m looking for tutorials that tell you how to start up from the very beginning. Like, ''First download the API'', ''include this'' ''include that'' etc etc. The kind of tutorial that has a dummy in mind, not the super code literate people. Can anybody shed some light here?

Advertisement
Have you ever use C/C++? If you answer no: your project is going to take an extremely long time (since you have to learn them). DirectX (like most API''s) isn''t that hard to learn. Download the SDK here. Then try NeXe for tutorials. I''m not up-to-date with DirectX, so that''s as much help as you''re getting from me .

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!