• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cronox

RPG engine

This topic is 6021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I hope this is the right forum to post this in. Myself and a few other people work on a nearing completion half-life mod are starting to think about our next project (we all work well together and would like to continue doing so). We have already begun initial design ideas and come up with a main setting and game type. Now we are looking at the engines in which to impliment these ideas. So basically i was hoping for some advice of good RPG engines (free if possable) or a site with listings and reviews of engines. Also we are looking at doing our own engine but really don''t know where to start, so any sites/tutorials/articles of this topic would also be very helpful. thanks, cronox

Advertisement
RPG engine... thats quite broad... do you want 2D or 3D?
do you want FF-style battles or more Zelda like realtime ones, or maybe you even want FPS-like ones.

be a little more specific and maybe someone can help ya.

Sorry, I actually ment to add that we where looking for something from a first person pov (3D, with real-time battles) and also multiplayer.

Edited by - cronox on December 28, 2001 11:03:51 AM

If i were you id build my own engine theres a link to a site on this site that has tutorials and shows u what u need to build a 3d engine and im sure if you look you can find tutorials on building the sound engine and so on hope to see this game once ur finnished

"I don''''t care what you think unless it is about me"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!