• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McMcDonald

My first game is available - EUROSHOOTER

This topic is 6021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Hi!

Yes, it''s german, there was no time to make a english homepage, i wanted to have it online before the euro comes.

But.... a lot of word on the german homepage are english, and i hope you can find the download.

Greetings
McMc

AAARGH! This is what I hate so much about Europian countries. No-one makes their site in English but in their own language! I hate that so much! It seems that only dutch people make their site in English to reach a greater public. My german sucks really hard although I had it at school! Please try to make you''re site in English when posting it on these forums!

my two cents,
Sand Hawk

Member of the Stupid Coders.
http://www.stupidcoders.cjb.net

-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

What do you call someone who speaks more than one language?
- Bi-Lingual

What do you call someone who speaks only 1 language?
- American

-Gelf

quote:
Original post by Sand_Hawk
AAARGH! This is what I hate so much about Europian countries. No-one makes their site in English but in their own language!
<SNIP>

Ack! I can''t believe you’re serious. I have not seen many American websites that offer Deutsche, French or any other languages than English. Conversely, most European based websites do offer bilingual pages.

This kind of statement - is the reason most European people dislike Americans - we think everyone should cater to us

Go to www.systrans.com and enter the url you want translated...

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

Why are there finnish money flying around? You know that there''s not only euro in your game?

/MindWipe

PS. I am from Finland, so I recognize my money

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."

Hi MindWipe!

Oh god is there an error ?

No.

Have you tried to shot the "old" money ?

You get negative points if you shot the "old" money instead of positive points if you shot euro.

Have fun! And thanks for reply!

McMc

Guest Anonymous Poster
I suppose you didn''t look at where Sand_Hawk is from: the Netherlands. He wants it in English so that he can read it. He doesn''t expect it to be in Dutch or Flemish or whatever his native language is, that would be silly because not every site can be in every language. English is the current standard, it used to be French, before that Latin, and before that Greek. It has nothing to do with America at all. When French was the standard every educated American knew French (and Latin too) but all that has changed, the current standard is English.

Note: this is not a criticism of McMcDonald; I don''t expect him to write it in English. Afterall the game I''m currently working on probably doesn''t work with every computer.

Not much of a game but fun anyway! =)

It makes me happy to see that you put "pippi" on sweden because i come from Vimmerby! You know... the city of Astrid Lindgren hehehe...

And by the way... Sweden will not convert to the Euro currency after new years eve as many other countries will! =(

// Peter - Keep up the good work!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!