• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stefu

Multilayered terrain

This topic is 6111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First and second levels are the terrain levels. Third level is for example road that should be on the terrain surface. screenshot(without z and looking at optimal direction): www25.brinkster.com/supcode/Image1.png There are problems: In many places terrain is seen over the road. Z-fight is problem since the two levels should be in the very same level. If I don''t use z-buffer I need to sort all the stuff. I use quad-tree, so it might be enought to sort quad-nodes. Are there better solutions than sorting? Sorting still doesn''t solve all problems, does it? I''v heard that stencil-buffer can be used to achieve better z-control? How to use stencil-buffer (using OpenGL)? Note that there might be multiple terrain levels all sharing corner vertices but the road doesn''t share terrain grid-vertices. Thanks.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!