• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psion

How to enable collaboration between teen coders?

This topic is 6108 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You may have seen the news item I posted about Teen Programmers Unite. TPU is a group for teen coders that has been around since 1996 after forming in response to a popular thread on a game dev USENET group. It seems that either interest in coding in waning, or that we are not doing the right things to let potentially interested people know that TPU exists. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the word out, or on how TPU can be most beneficial in helping teens interested in coding? Thanks!

Advertisement
well, your advertising in this forum has gotten my attention.

its like tv i guess. advertising = customers.
though, it wouldnt be appropriate to advertise in forums frequently.

you could also have advertisments in the profile/signature of members.

You''ve gotten my attention also!

you can join "Banner Exchange" you don''t have to pay anything, But if you put advertising on your site then Banner Exchange will advertise on Othersites for you. It''s a fairly good deal I think

--Josh

Actually, After visiting the site, Joining, and surfing the forums a bit, I don''t think that the participaters in the site are very mature, Sure we are teenagers and Noone expects us to act mature, But by asking questions there, I doubt I would get as Useful responses to my posts as I could here, or other sites for that matter.

I suppose It either suits you, or it doesn''t.

--Josh

The lack of knowledgeable help is part of the problem. It ends up being a sort of chicken-and-egg issue. More knowledgeable people are turned away by the current state, and so nothing changes.

If anyone reading this feels that there is great potential in TPU (and maybe even was a member back in 1996) and feels willing to work at making it the excellent organization it was back then, please volunteer! You can ignore the current web site, the current members, and all that if you like and just try to make this concept something great again.

If this idea interests you like it''s interested so many over the past 5 years, then you can discuss it on the web site in the Suggestions forum, or, if you don''t want anything to do with the web site for any reason, then please e-mail me, or post suggestions here, for those who have ideas but don''t want to commit to anything.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!