• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dfawcett

to anyone who bought opengl game programming

This topic is 6019 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i bought this book the other day and when i went to look at the source for the chapters there was nothing there. did anyone else have this problem? what should i do? i cant see one cd out of thousands being defective. http://www.lectersoft.com

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
do a search here in this forum... its a known problem, and the code is published on the net somewere.

The zip-files are on the cd, but they''re all 44 bytes. They don''t contain anything.

Check this out:
http://www.premierpressbooks.com/searchdetail.asp?ID=53330

From there you can download the code.

BTW, it''s a great book with a lo of important and fun information. The book will guaranteed help you a lot (if you''re not already an OpenGl-guru..but, why should you read it then?)

/Andreas

yeah, i bought mine about 2 months ago, but i guess they''d
already fixed the problem because mine came w/ 2cds...
one was just kinda thrown in the back of the book with a
label on it saying it was replacing the erroneous disc.

-eldee
;another space monkey;

what was the official site, i think it was glbook.gamedev.net or something like that. from there i think you can get a replacement CD or you can just download the source. its also a good place to see and errors that were printed in the book.

yeah i''m no gl guru but i did find some errors that didnt make sence. its a cool book but i think it jumps into some deep stuff way to soon. I found the online tut''s easier to follow.

quote:
Original post by Norge
The book will guaranteed help you a lot (if you''re not already an OpenGl-guru..but, why should you read it then?)

Cute. I wonder how many people caught that allusion...

Later,
ZE

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!