• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ToddTT

Editing meshes...

This topic is 6022 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What mesh editors are people using? And what prices are these going for? Anything free out there that's any good? BTW, I'd like to work with .x format if possible. Thanks! Edited by - ToddTT on December 28, 2001 9:59:21 PM

Advertisement
What you might want look for is programs that use the .3ds format, there are some free ones available and some that are very reasonably priced. You can then use the CONV3DS.EXE programs that comes with the DirectX SDK to convert these files to .X.

The programs that Microsoft writes converters for are quite expensive ($3000 or more). You can pick up educational versions for a lot less, but they''re still expensive ($1000+) and there''s a stipulation in the license agreement that you can''t use them for anything that makes money.

Click here. I have a tut on creating good models in under 20 dollars. Check it out, I need some hits on my new website. By the way, I''m not the greatest writer in the world

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!