• Announcements

• khawk

Download the Game Design and Indie Game Marketing Freebook   07/19/17

GameDev.net and CRC Press have teamed up to bring a free ebook of content curated from top titles published by CRC Press. The freebook, Practices of Game Design & Indie Game Marketing, includes chapters from The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, and An Architectural Approach to Level Design. The GameDev.net FreeBook is relevant to game designers, developers, and those interested in learning more about the challenges in game development. We know game development can be a tough discipline and business, so we picked several chapters from CRC Press titles that we thought would be of interest to you, the GameDev.net audience, in your journey to design, develop, and market your next game. The free ebook is available through CRC Press by clicking here. The Curated Books The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, Second Edition, by Jesse Schell Presents 100+ sets of questions, or different lenses, for viewing a game’s design, encompassing diverse fields such as psychology, architecture, music, film, software engineering, theme park design, mathematics, anthropology, and more. Written by one of the world's top game designers, this book describes the deepest and most fundamental principles of game design, demonstrating how tactics used in board, card, and athletic games also work in video games. It provides practical instruction on creating world-class games that will be played again and again. View it here. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, by Joel Dreskin Marketing is an essential but too frequently overlooked or minimized component of the release plan for indie games. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing provides you with the tools needed to build visibility and sell your indie games. With special focus on those developers with small budgets and limited staff and resources, this book is packed with tangible recommendations and techniques that you can put to use immediately. As a seasoned professional of the indie game arena, author Joel Dreskin gives you insight into practical, real-world experiences of marketing numerous successful games and also provides stories of the failures. View it here. An Architectural Approach to Level Design This is one of the first books to integrate architectural and spatial design theory with the field of level design. The book presents architectural techniques and theories for level designers to use in their own work. It connects architecture and level design in different ways that address the practical elements of how designers construct space and the experiential elements of how and why humans interact with this space. Throughout the text, readers learn skills for spatial layout, evoking emotion through gamespaces, and creating better levels through architectural theory. View it here. Learn more and download the ebook by clicking here. Did you know? GameDev.net and CRC Press also recently teamed up to bring GDNet+ Members up to a 20% discount on all CRC Press books. Learn more about this and other benefits here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KwamiMatrix

Ti-89 DEV

9 posts in this topic

(Decided to move this topic I wrote at Gamedev''s General Programming Forom to the Console/PDA forom)Well, I have just started to develope software for my TI-89 with TI-GCC. Question: Who has a TI-89 and developes for it? Also, if you develope for your TI-89, do you use TI-GCC or the Texax Instrument TI-89 SDK? I find TI-GCC very nice. Not only can you develope in C, but you can also use it''s inline assembler, or just use the sand alone A68k assembler. I don''t know if anyone here developes for their TI-89, let alone has one. Anyone with TIGCC, I have a question. I would like to know if there is a TI-89 developer base here at Gamedev.net. If you do, can you please respond. The TI-89''s TI-89 Advanced Mathematics Operating System is real nice. Anyway, if you want more information on TI-GCC, just post back. Now, anyone with TI-GCC, I would like to know some things. First of all, can you explain to me what exactly TI-89 kernel based(DoorsOS) developement is, and how it differs from non-kernel based(NoSTUB) developement? One more Question. I also have a PALM IIIxe, and I believe that it also has a Motorola processor on the 68k architechture. I was wondering, since TI-GCC comes with a A68k assembler, can I use it to assemble programs for my PALM III xe also? Probably not, but just wondering. Codewarrior for PALM OS cost too much for me right now. Edem Attiogbe

i have a ti-92plus (same as 89, i know) and would be interested in more info on ti-gcc. i have written a few apps and games in ti-basic but never spent much time learning the assembly or ti-sdk due to lack of other calcs to test for link play.

i don''t think the a68k assembler will work for the palm. if i remember correctly from the assembly lessons for the TI i read, there are OS specific calls made. those memory locations on the TI and the palm probably differ and would cause a crash. not entirely sure and if you can prove otherwise, more power to you.

cyn

TI-GCC specifically can compile excecutables for both the TI-89 and the TI-92+ Advanced Mathematics Operating Systems using C. The assemblers assemble software for the 68k processors found in both the TI-89 and the TI-92+. Not sure about the TI-92. It should be ok, though. For information on TI-GCC, go to http://www.technoplaza.net and also http://tigcc.ticalc.org. Texas Instruments has a separate SDK for the TI-89, and I believe also the TI-92+. Go to http://education.ti.com for more info. Also, another good developer recource is http://www.ticalc.org.

Edem Attiogbe

I just hope TIGCC works under Win XP since I am upgrading my laptop tomorrow from Win ME. Also, about developing for a Palm IIIxe, your right. For instance, the LCD display for my Palm IIIxe will be located at a different memory location than for my TI-89, even though they both have cpu''s on the 68k architechture.

Edem Attiogbe

Can you program the ti-92+ in c on the calculator?

Yes Anonymous. TI-GCC is for the TI-89 & the TI-92+ They are both Motorola 68k calculators, which TI-GCC is for. hemp, I am not really familiar with assembler under the TI-89 & the TI-92+ I am trying to understand what exactly DOORS OS is. Can you explain it to me please?

Edem Attiogbe

Yes Anonymous. TI-GCC is for the TI-89 & the TI-92+ They are both Motorola 68k calculators, which TI-GCC is for. hemp, I am not really familiar with assembler under the TI-89 & the TI-92+ I am trying to understand what exactly DOORS OS is. Can you explain it to me please? What is the difference between kernel based and non-kernal based developement for these calculators?

Edem Attiogbe

Doors

"What is the difference between kernel based and non-kernal based developement for these calculators?"

im not sure..

I''m starting to develop for the 92+. It''s really easy since I already know C/C++. Ummm...I don''t really have a questin, but since it seems relevant I thought I''d just post for the heck of it

No, HTML is not an OO language.