Ti-89 DEV

Started by
8 comments, last by KwamiMatrix 22 years, 3 months ago
(Decided to move this topic I wrote at Gamedev''s General Programming Forom to the Console/PDA forom)Well, I have just started to develope software for my TI-89 with TI-GCC. Question: Who has a TI-89 and developes for it? Also, if you develope for your TI-89, do you use TI-GCC or the Texax Instrument TI-89 SDK? I find TI-GCC very nice. Not only can you develope in C, but you can also use it''s inline assembler, or just use the sand alone A68k assembler. I don''t know if anyone here developes for their TI-89, let alone has one. Anyone with TIGCC, I have a question. I would like to know if there is a TI-89 developer base here at Gamedev.net. If you do, can you please respond. The TI-89''s TI-89 Advanced Mathematics Operating System is real nice. Anyway, if you want more information on TI-GCC, just post back. Now, anyone with TI-GCC, I would like to know some things. First of all, can you explain to me what exactly TI-89 kernel based(DoorsOS) developement is, and how it differs from non-kernel based(NoSTUB) developement? One more Question. I also have a PALM IIIxe, and I believe that it also has a Motorola processor on the 68k architechture. I was wondering, since TI-GCC comes with a A68k assembler, can I use it to assemble programs for my PALM III xe also? Probably not, but just wondering. Codewarrior for PALM OS cost too much for me right now. Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
Advertisement
i have a ti-92plus (same as 89, i know) and would be interested in more info on ti-gcc. i have written a few apps and games in ti-basic but never spent much time learning the assembly or ti-sdk due to lack of other calcs to test for link play.

i don''t think the a68k assembler will work for the palm. if i remember correctly from the assembly lessons for the TI i read, there are OS specific calls made. those memory locations on the TI and the palm probably differ and would cause a crash. not entirely sure and if you can prove otherwise, more power to you.

cyn
TI-GCC specifically can compile excecutables for both the TI-89 and the TI-92+ Advanced Mathematics Operating Systems using C. The assemblers assemble software for the 68k processors found in both the TI-89 and the TI-92+. Not sure about the TI-92. It should be ok, though. For information on TI-GCC, go to http://www.technoplaza.net and also http://tigcc.ticalc.org. Texas Instruments has a separate SDK for the TI-89, and I believe also the TI-92+. Go to http://education.ti.com for more info. Also, another good developer recource is http://www.ticalc.org.

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
I just hope TIGCC works under Win XP since I am upgrading my laptop tomorrow from Win ME. Also, about developing for a Palm IIIxe, your right. For instance, the LCD display for my Palm IIIxe will be located at a different memory location than for my TI-89, even though they both have cpu''s on the 68k architechture.

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
Can you program the ti-92+ in c on the calculator?
Does anyone use DoorsOs for ti-92+?Is it good?
Yes Anonymous. TI-GCC is for the TI-89 & the TI-92+ They are both Motorola 68k calculators, which TI-GCC is for. hemp, I am not really familiar with assembler under the TI-89 & the TI-92+ I am trying to understand what exactly DOORS OS is. Can you explain it to me please?

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
Yes Anonymous. TI-GCC is for the TI-89 & the TI-92+ They are both Motorola 68k calculators, which TI-GCC is for. hemp, I am not really familiar with assembler under the TI-89 & the TI-92+ I am trying to understand what exactly DOORS OS is. Can you explain it to me please? What is the difference between kernel based and non-kernal based developement for these calculators?

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
Doors

"What is the difference between kernel based and non-kernal based developement for these calculators?"

im not sure..

I''m starting to develop for the 92+. It''s really easy since I already know C/C++. Ummm...I don''t really have a questin, but since it seems relevant I thought I''d just post for the heck of it

No, HTML is not an OO language.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement