• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gavco98

Multiple windows

This topic is 6110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am part of a project to develop a game similar to Airport Tycoon/Airport Inc. The porject is still in the design stage, and we have not decided which API to go with yet. First I have a few questions. The way we would like to do it is similar to the way simtower works (i dont know of any other games that work this way) We would like to create the main window in windowed mode, using either opengl or directx. We would also like to have some floating toolbars for placing all the selectable objects that can be placed (runways etc) and game info. Ideally we would like these toolbars to be done using either MFC or some alternative, but we would like them to be docable within the opengl/directx window. The dockable option is not anecessity though. Is this at all possible, and does anyone have any comments on wether this is a good way to do an interface or not? G Coates ------------------------------------------------------------
Gavin Coates
Co-Founder
http://www.multiplayercentral.co.uk

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!