• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corillian

I have some questions concerning textures and surfaces

This topic is 6190 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to create my main menu screen. For compatability with older hardware I am not using textures over 256x256. The original image for my background is 1024x768. I shrank the texture down to 256x256 but when it is enlarged it is blurry. I have tried cutting it up into individual pieces and rendering 12 textured quads but I found this to be extremely impractical. I am thinking about loading all of the textures and then copying each piece onto a bigger one but so far I have met limited success with that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -Corillian

Advertisement
In the project I''ve been working on I have splitted large bitpaps into smaller pieces that could be handled by the hardware at runtime. A class handled this automatically and the optimal size has been chosen depending on the HW capabilities. It worked fine for me.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!