• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diemonex

Theese GUIDs..

This topic is 6110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I havent made any game specific coding for some years now. But I've decided to make a game as a project in school so this is my first real attempt for a game. Anyway, Everything is going well cept now when I'm about to use DirectInput I got a little problem. Btw, Im using Dx7..
    	lpdi->CreateDeviceEx(GUID_SysKeyboard,IID_IDirectInputDevice7,(void**)&lpdikey, NULL);    
the problem is GUID_SysKeyboard the program exits with and unhadled exception and the debugger give me the value of this guid(???-???....) I have #INITGUID I have included objbase.h and dinput.h I know I had this problem some year ago too, dunno what I did to solve it thou! So someone might know what I've forgot to do. Edited by - Diemonex on December 30, 2001 9:01:24 AM

Advertisement
You did everything correctly except you have not included dxguid.lib. It is looking for the GUID for your keyboard, but nothing is defined.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!