Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terminate

Taking Control

After developing a skeletal animation renderer with the help of Bretts wonderful tutorial, I now want to be able to play certain parts of it. However since joints have different amounts of keyframes, I cant simply go from keyframe x to keyframe y. What is the best way to go here? --------------------------
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Since Brett''s relies on the use of Win32 Timer, I suggest using Milkshape''s Ascii code for loading the animations. I''ve adapted it to load the textures, materials, and display any frames I want to. I suggest switching to the ascii format. You can find the source code and viewer on their web site.

for each joint, go from one keyframe to the next keyframe in the sequence, whatever that keyframe may be. base your interpolation on the time between the arbitrary key frames.

We worked out a simplistic Frame X to Frame Y animator using Brett''s code in the other forum topic "MS3D code and Advanced Animation"...

Does this help you or solve your problems? If you need help with any of the code there, I''ve become quite well versed with it in the past couple of months. Either e-mail me at judgex@adelphia.net or post a reply here...

Thanks
-JudgeX