OpenGL Game Programming Ch. 10 example

Started by
4 comments, last by Jean-Luc Pikachu 21 years, 11 months ago
Hey, I''m not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but has anyone here tried the example program from chapter 10 of the OpenGL Game Programming book? It''s the Vertex Terrain demo, the exe is called terrain.exe. It GPFs when I run it. When I try running the project through Visual C++ 6, it gives an access violation on a line of assembly code. I''m using a Matrox G400 with the latest drivers. Has anyone run into this problem? Is this the best place to ask questions about that book? Thanks in advance -- Peace, Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
--Peace,Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
Advertisement
Yeah i have the same problem with the .exe. Havent tried to make the project yet so i cant say anything about that. Im gonna do it sometime soon and ill post the results here when im done.

@mikaelbauer

Super Sportmatchen - A retro multiplayer competitive sports game project!

I haven''t heard about anyone having this problem before. Could be a video card issue... I have no idea. I''ll look at the source myself later on.
did this ever got solved?
I am having the same problem on 2 different computers one with a lousy onboard video card, and on my computer, just bought a GForce2 MX400, I recompiled, the problem is still there, aparently its on glDrawElements() the following code:

for (int z = 0; z < MAP_Z-1; z++)  {    // draw the triangles in this strip    glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP, MAP_X * 2, GL_UNSIGNED_INT, &g_indexArray[z * MAP_X * 2]);  }  

the computers are running Win2k Server (the lousy one) and Win2k Pro (mine) is this a win2k Issue?

thanks.

Yes, it was solved. Look at the Errata page on the book''s website.
I have had the same problem and I have disabled glLockArraysEXT() and glUnlockArraysEXT().

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement