But I love you Windows!

Started by
5 comments, last by Orikal 22 years, 3 months ago
I''m using Codewarrior 6 and every time I try to compile any code that uses windows.h, I get the following link error: Undefined symbol: _main in MWCTRLD.LIB (maincrt.obj) Does anyone have suggestions for getting through this brick wall? Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Don''t use Codewarrior?
Do you have main() defined in your code?
Also, try to switch to VC++6 as soon as possible.
You''ll feel grand working in such a compiler, I love it...
(ok, enough publicity...)

[Hugo Ferreira][Positronic Dreams][]

"Research is what I''m doing when I don''t know what I''m doing. "

- Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Seems like the only form of action I can think of. Codewarrior has always been more pro-Mac than anything.
Just a guess, but maybe you are compiling as a Win32 console app when you should be compiling as a Windows app? If your entry point is WinMain, it is a windows, if it is main, it is a console app (i think)
I use cw on windows. It''s great, a thousand times better than msvc++. Not to be flame bait, but it is. Look anywhere and you''ll see it''s optimizations kick the sh*t out of msvc++. I also like the IDE better in general. But hey, to each his own.

As for the problem, yea, main should become WinMain or the other way around. Simple problem that many people run into at least once, even in visual c++. This problem has NOTHING to do with your compiler.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
That was it. I knew it had something to do with compiling.

Thanks a million, guys. I didn''t think I was going to get to do any Windows programming on my break.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement