gluax.dll?

Started by
4 comments, last by Qazwaz 22 years, 3 months ago
I get gluax.dll error when I run the tutorials. I don''t have glaux.dll on my system - where can I get it or should I do something else to fix the problem? I use Dev-C++ 4.
Advertisement
there is no such thing as glaux.dll (at least i haven''t heard of it)

you need to include glaux.lib. just make sure you have all the necessary libs and headers in place and you should have no trouble compiling the NeHe tutes (you mean NEHE tutorials, right?).

keep cool
Thanks for your reply . Well it compiles fine, but it's when its run an error box comes up saying it wants "glaux.dll". I've definatly included glaux.lib and all the others I'm meant to. I know there is such thing as glaux.dll but I've heard it's a bit old and I don't think I should need to use it. And yeh, I did mean NeHe tutes. Also, the .exe that comes with the it works fine. Anyone else got any idea?

Edited by - Qazwaz on December 31, 2001 1:00:22 PM
you could also check out a similar post here on this forum. it''s about compiling problems as well using Dev-C++ 4 which is really old. maybe you''ll get some solutions from there. umm - lousy me - didn''t check the name of the topic, but i''m sure you''ll find it yourself

keep cool
Yes there is a freaking glaux.dll, you need it if your glaux.lib isn''t a static library. most people with this problem use dev-c++. i don''t have it so i can''t give it to you. good luck finding it.
I agree - there''s this misconception going around that Glaux.dll doesn''t exist!

Just slap it into google - you''ll find it in seconds.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement