Weird Problems rotating a textured Cuad. Help pls!

Started by
2 comments, last by HexDump 22 years, 3 months ago
Merry Christmas ppl!. I´m desperated, I have spent about 3 hours trying to find out why my Cuad wasn´t rendering well, this is what I´m doing: 1 - I´m unsing vc++ 6.0 2 - I´m using Ortogonal projection 3 - The problems appear when rotating around the X and Y Axis. I know the rotation around Z Axis is working OK because I implemented the rotation around this axis 3 weeks ago and I have been using it a lot without any problem. The weird thing is produced when rotating around the X and Y axis because directx renders only one part of the cuad (it seems to be just a half). If I make a Z rotation on this cuad, it works correctly as I told before. What the hell is happening here?. Thnx in advance ppl and Happy new year!
Advertisement
I think that when you rotate around x/y axis, some part of the quad is getting out of the viewing frustrum and therefore isn''t drawn. Change the far and near clip planes in your projection matrix. (don''t ask me how to do this in D3D though, I use OGL).
I forgot to tell, I´m doing 180 degrees rotations, so we are allways on the sample Z so, it can be the fustrum :/.
Is backface culling off?
"All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors." -Anon.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement