What to do with all these bmps??

Started by
22 comments, last by ByteMe95 22 years, 3 months ago
Wasn''t there a artical resently call "making your own file system" or something like that it discussed taking all your little files and puting them in one big archive and then how to loading them. Search gamedev for "file system" I''m sure it will come up that would be your best bet for help.
Advertisement
make a single bmp file containing all the bitmaps! in front do a register storing the start bytes of every bitmap, when loading a bitmap, search the register, and fseek() to your bitmap! then you can load it and have only one file!
"be fair! ... always"Zeusel
That''s probably the most complicated solution any one has offered yet
Not to mention every time I want to load one bitmap I would have to load an ENTIRE 13mb bitmap to load it.
And I cant do fsee or any file pointer manipulations, cause as I''ve said I have to use LoadImage() for this task.
Thanks for the suggestion either way though, I appreciate every suggestion

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
Cerebrum Software
ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()My S(h)ite
Why do you have to use LoadImage()?

Pack your BMP files into a single file. Write a short console program to do this. Make it able to unpack as well for utility''s sake.

Next, in your main program, load the data into a temporary buffer for whatever BMP you need (using some kind of index which you stored with the PAK file) and then bind that data to a LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE.

Isn''t this doable?

Care,
Chris
Florida, USA
Florida, USA
Current Project
Jesus is LORD!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement