Jump to content
  • Advertisement


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


3D Models / Units - What are they called?

This topic is 6042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I believe that Zeus posted this same question: What are the units of starcraft, AOE, Warcraft, etc. called? How does one go about creating them? Don''t go into detail, I just want to know if they did something like draw some pictures them stick them in a sequence, or something else along those lines. And were they models that they used in games like Black and White, Battle Realms, and Empire Earth? They are really small, and I have no idea how to recreate those... Thanks to anyone who responds.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
Are you talking about sprites?

In 2D programs such as Warcraft, the animation is created by put a sequence of images.

In 3D programs such as Black and White, are you talking about all the small people?
They are just low polygone 3D objects exactly like the creature. They probably keep all the data for each personne together in an array.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!