The need for a more standard language

Started by
53 comments, last by Andrew Nguyen 22 years, 3 months ago
That''s it. I just have to say it. We need a language this is easy to use, OOP, extendable, foreignly import functions and does not have areas in which it is inconsistant(no, not a BCPL derived language.) It could take a few things from C, C++, python (That''s a few libraries), Ruby, and other languages. It should be easy to use and not have constant idiosyncrosies. Now, why? Because C is too complex in the wrong way. It takes too long to explain, and it''s syntax is confusing. (Is that because it was mainly made by different people using ASM?) I mean, classes are just plain confusing, and the python way of implementing them would also be a great idea.
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
Advertisement
Yeah? Well if you make that language and get all the APIs that support C++, Java, Python, etc. to support it, not to mention 90% of all programmers to aaccept it, then I''ll gladly learn it.
You do realixe when a function is compiled, it can e used in other languages?
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
Yeah, I realize that. But I''m pretty sure that the language has to be designed so that it can use functions from other languages. Maybe I''m wrong, but that''s not exactly the point I was trying to make.
Ha ha ha. If you don''t like C/C++ because it''s too complicated, then use BASIC. The fact of the matter is C and C++ are superb languages. If you think the syntax is too complex, then you probably don''t understand the syntax.

Have you ever watched a Kung Fu movie (such as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon) and heard some Chinese, and think it was just a bunch of gibberish? Well, that''s what I thought too, until I learned Mandarin. Now I can communicate with any Chinese person just as well as I can speak in my native English tongue. I used to think Chinese was ugly and too difficult; now I understand the error of my ways. Mandarin Chinese is a very beautiful language. After 6 years of programming in C/C++, I feel the same way. Learn the language before you criticize it.
C has complex syntax? roflmao

-----------------------
0wn 0wn 0wn your goat
gently down the pw33n
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
quote:Original post by Andrew Nguyen
That''s it. I just have to say it. We need a language this (that) is easy to use, OOP,...
I mean, classes are just plain confusing...

1. How can you have an OOP language without classes?

2. You keep speaking of BCPL and ALGOL. Yes, I do know that they are the predecessors of C, C++, Java, etc. before you bother to tell me that. But do you actually know C/C++ or any other modern language? If you did, I don''t even think you would have started this thread.

quote:Original post by Andrew Nguyen
We need a language this is easy to use, OOP, extendable, foreignly import functions...

I know a language that already does this. It begins with C, ends with +, and has a + in the middle.

No, HTML is not an OO language.
NO !! ur all wrong!! we need a language that will write programs for us!! we will sit there and it will be like, heres your 5-star program, big boy. It will be the most brilliant, easy to use program maker-uper ever made!
OMG... What I meant was that their are inconsistancies,
for example...

My Grammar:English::C/C++rogramming

The structurization is nice, but when you get into classes IN BCPL based languages... that''s when it starts...

You now, just forget it. You people are too literal and to destructive, no suggestion!ONLY FLAME!
im sorry, but you need to list some languages that are not inconsistant, because im not really sure where youve gone with that.
you must keep in mind that your talking to people that are somewhat satisfied with c++... maybe if you could be more specific...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement