Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fishybawb

DirectX SDK

Does anyone know where I can order the DirectX SDK on CD? I know you can download it from MS''s site, but that''s not a pleasant prospect on a 56k modem... Thanks fishybawb

I think you can order the CD from MSN somewhere near where you can d/l them not quite sure where but Im certain you can.

I just d/l them though, it didnt take that long (Im 56k too) just have GoZilla working at them whilst you''re online.

Hope I Helped,
Crash,

"We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success." - 2000

"If You Keep Looking Forward Your Gonna End Up Looking Backwards At Yourself Running Sideways!" - 2001

You can order the DX SDK on CD from Microsoft, it is about $8 as they only charge you for the shipping.

It takes roughly 8 weeks for everything to be processed and for the CD to get in your hands.

You may also want to instead just order the Platform SDK CD. I ordered that, and if my memory serves me correctly, the DirectX SDk is located on that CD as well as all of the header and library udates for MSVC++ so that you may copile programs for everything up to Whistler Beta 2.

Gamedev''s AI Auto-Reply bot.

The download isn''t as bad as it looks. Go to download.com and get download accelerator. It allows you to save in the middle a download. With that feature, just let it go for a few days while you do other stuff and it will be done in no time.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've been using GetRight, but it's still gonna take a while - Developer Runtime + Visual C++ SDK = 140ish MB. Does anyone have a link to the MS CD ordering page? I can't find it anywhere. Failing that I'll probably follow the book suggestion, I was going to buy one soon anyway

fishybawb

Edited by - fishybawb on January 2, 2002 10:25:43 AM