Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bogdanontanu

HE RTS Game demo v011 released here

Hi all, We have released a new free demo version of HE RTS Game. You can get it from: www.hostileencounter.com in the downloads section It's allmost a full free tournament RTS game (no computer AI yet) What is new from the last release: - big local network speed increase, you can now play 8 player FFA network games -GUI to choose races/options/map -waypoints for units with start/stop (use Shift to record and Alt+S to start execute commands) -you cancel build queue -units help eachother in attack/defence -new units and some new tech tree implemented -2 spells with gfx for "Lords of 7" race -Guard and Follow Orders (right click on friendly unit to follow, +Alt to Guard) -double click, and lots of other minor improvements -multiple builders can help for faster building -some new units for Machines and Gods races - basic GUI for multiplayer game setup: races,players,options,maps -the same old map editor but i guess it now works on Win2K/NT Please DL and enjoy, and also please send us your machine specifications and performance counters. In game press PageDown and then X you will see counters on top right of the screen We really need beta testers to play the game on local network (1 on 1 or FFA) with all races against all races to test it and suggest building times/costs/firepower/types etc for balanceing the game for each of the 4 races What we will add next: more units, gfx,techtree,replay add some 3D FX Please send us bugs,comments,oppinions etc Game works on Win9x,Win2k,Win XP with DX 6.1 at least needs 4M video card, 128Mbytes RAM, and a P2/400Mhz for decent gameplay Local Network play requires IPX protocol to be installed if anybody wants a NT4.0 SP6 version please let us know... Game is done using DirectX ... and ASM Makeing of this game was helped by this forum a lot... Thx all Bogdan Ontanu PS we are in big need of 3D/2D artists if anybody wants to join us... Edited by - bogdanontanu on January 1, 2002 6:44:34 PM

Guest Anonymous Poster
i am taiwanese, so my english very poor, i use DirectX 7.0

good. keep going.

Thx man

But can you tell us your computer specifications like: OS, RAM,CPU speed, and game counters... please?

also any ideeas about how can we improve the game from your point of view?

Bogdan

Wow, that is really impressive, especially if you did the whole thing in assembly.

It runs pretty decent on my work computer - Pentium Pro 200MHz with 96mb ram and 2mb S3 Trio64V+ PCI video card and win98SE. It looks like a very good engine, but you need to get more realistic unit models, they look too computer generated (2 perfect and 2 much perfect specular lighting). Other then that, excellent job.

Possibility

Really good. Ran it smoothly on my p2 400, 256 ram, gf2 32mb. Very impressive, a couple of years earlier and you would´ve had a hit. I guess nowadays only 3d rts are the ones that sell. But keep going. Who knows?

Guest Anonymous Poster
i am taiwanese, so my english very poor, i use DirectX 7.0

CPU: PII 350
RAM: 192 MB
Video Card: S3 Trio 3D

can you auto detect 16bit 555 and 565 modes format?
or you can auto transfrom 555 or 565 image format to
DirectDraw Surface format.