Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what da ya think about it

This topic is 5824 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to all, well happy new year guys Well i start telling u i''m a newbie in the world of game developing Well i''d like to write a rpg engine but i prefer to explain what i mean 4 it: In the developing of a rpg game i prefer using different engines every engine related to a particular thing: Input engine handles input Graphic Engine handles visualization and positions RPG engine handles the interactions between entities So i''m interested in the developing of the rpg engine The 1st problem is how to make a portable project? If i should develop it under windows i''ll probably use the COM technology and i''ll create some kinda dll activex so i can use it under any kinda language 4 game kernel but under linux theres no com so i was thinking to use the socket comunication as XWindows works Have u got any tute or docs about the developing of such components? Well i''m still working around the design of the engine and the classes tree and so on If someone is interested to discuss with me about the building of the engine should contact me by mail to share my docs and try to develop it in good way Tnx 4 the attention See ya NikDH

if you want platform portability, go for SDL and OpenGL, create your "game kernel" as a shared library, .dll in windows, .so in linux.

the only way to use the same binary between the two is eighter using java, or WINE, but you must know that