Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

untalkative_monkey

next book...

Ok, so i FINALLY finished Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus... i know i should practise my stuff a lot before i move on into harder things, but i''m gonna ask anyway... what book should i get next? I obviously want to stick with directx (for now) and i don''t think i should mess with directx 8 yet because i''ve heard its way more difficult... (correct me if i''m wrong). So yeah... any suggestions on my next reading material? ...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...

2D ops in DX8 = Harder but a whole lot faster
3D = easier and faster

I can recommend good books for D3D8: The Zen of Direct3D Programming, Prima Tech publishing, written by Peter Walsh edited by LaMothe

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.

Guest Anonymous Poster
What about some books on game design? Both of these are excellent:

Game Architecture and Design
Game Design : Theory and Practice

Yeah, i already bought Game Architecture and Design... I'm not going to read it until later though. I just looked at that Zen of Direct3D book and it says it has a big intro to windows programming, gdi, and other basic stuff... is there any books that jump right into the Direct3D?

...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...

Edited by - untalkative_monkey on January 2, 2002 12:49:06 PM