• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gareth_tv2

which is better basic or c++ or not to c???

This topic is 6043 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Actually, GW-BASIC is better than any of those!

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
im stumped??

In that case you should give up on game programming and look for a different prospective hobby.

Guest Anonymous Poster
the vast majority of game companies use C++. I assume that they have a pretty good idea of what they''re doing and so you should use C++ too.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
the vast majority of game companies use C++. I assume that they have a pretty good idea of what they''re doing and so you should use C++ too.

Yeah, but it depends on whether you plan on doing it professionally or just as a hobby. If you just want to make a few games for fun then C++ probably isn''t the best option.

- Kaijin

Ditch both VB and C++ and learn Intercal!!!

Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism or Microsoft-bashing) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward - Edward Abbey

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Kaijin
[quote]Original post by Anonymous Poster

Yeah, but it depends on whether you plan on doing it professionally or just as a hobby. If you just want to make a few games for fun then C++ probably isn''t the best option.

- Kaijin

If you want to make games just for fun c++ still is the best option. Much more flexible and easy once its learned

quote:
Original post by gareth_tv2
which programme language is better for making games visual basic, or visual c++????

im stumped??

gaz

Actually, just for posting that question, you deserve a dumb answer, here it is: Put the computer back in the box, bring it back to the store and tell them you''re worthy enough to have a computer.

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you want to make games just for fun c++ still is the best option. Much more flexible and easy once its learned

I really have to disagree with at. The flexibilty that C++ offers would never be needed by an amateur programmer and the sheer overhead of learning C++ just to write a few games isn''t really worth it.

Why would you want to learn about all the complexities of C++ and DirectX/OpenGL just to write a few simple games unless you actually have a serious interest in programming anyway.

You would be much better off using a scripting language like Python or a games programming language like Jamagic/DarkBasic/BlizBasic.

- Kaijin

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!