Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gareth_tv2

which is better basic or c++ or not to c???

Guest Anonymous Poster
Actually, GW-BASIC is better than any of those!

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
im stumped??

In that case you should give up on game programming and look for a different prospective hobby.

Guest Anonymous Poster
the vast majority of game companies use C++. I assume that they have a pretty good idea of what they''re doing and so you should use C++ too.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
the vast majority of game companies use C++. I assume that they have a pretty good idea of what they''re doing and so you should use C++ too.

Yeah, but it depends on whether you plan on doing it professionally or just as a hobby. If you just want to make a few games for fun then C++ probably isn''t the best option.

- Kaijin

Ditch both VB and C++ and learn Intercal!!!

Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism or Microsoft-bashing) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward - Edward Abbey

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Kaijin
[quote]Original post by Anonymous Poster

Yeah, but it depends on whether you plan on doing it professionally or just as a hobby. If you just want to make a few games for fun then C++ probably isn''t the best option.

- Kaijin

If you want to make games just for fun c++ still is the best option. Much more flexible and easy once its learned

quote:
Original post by gareth_tv2
which programme language is better for making games visual basic, or visual c++????

im stumped??

gaz

Actually, just for posting that question, you deserve a dumb answer, here it is: Put the computer back in the box, bring it back to the store and tell them you''re worthy enough to have a computer.

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you want to make games just for fun c++ still is the best option. Much more flexible and easy once its learned

I really have to disagree with at. The flexibilty that C++ offers would never be needed by an amateur programmer and the sheer overhead of learning C++ just to write a few games isn''t really worth it.

Why would you want to learn about all the complexities of C++ and DirectX/OpenGL just to write a few simple games unless you actually have a serious interest in programming anyway.

You would be much better off using a scripting language like Python or a games programming language like Jamagic/DarkBasic/BlizBasic.

- Kaijin

Good god...this is a personal request to close this freaking thread...Why doesn''t somebody getting a freaking clue and look through all the posts before THIS ONE....

DAMN!