• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thuned

what's the diff between delete and delete[]?

This topic is 6040 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

char *Dib = new char[Size*8]; i allocate memory using the above code. from what i know, i would simply call delete [] DibA to delete DibA. but this is what i do with it:
if (GetDib(&Size, (long*)(Dib+Size*i)))
{
	m_Frames = (Dib+Size*i);				
}

this code is in a for-loop with i going from 0 to 8, [0,8). and m_Frames is a long m_Frames[8]. so each loop i fill part of the array and i make m_Frames point to the "current index". how do i delete this? delete [] m_Frames[0], delete [] m_Frames, or delete m_Frames[0]. i think it should be delete [] m_Frames[0] but i''m not sure.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Its been a while since ive done pointers but here goes..... delete is just to delete one pointer, delete[] will either delete all the pointers in an array of just te ones specified,
i.e. delete[1,3,5] MyArrray[10]

once again, im not exactly sure but try out methods and you will find the answers you seek

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!