Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.xgames3d what happend to you????

This topic is 5628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

damn f*cking free email provider, I would have
Andre'' LaMothe''s other mail adress, not on xgames3d.com,
but my mail provider deletes mails after 30 days,
and his last mail to me (using the other adress) is half a year ago...

anyone knows that adress? then he/she could ask

BTW: anyone knows how this hasbro thing ended?
(I mean, did he win, in court?)

quote:
Original post by ACAC
What hasbro thing have I missed somthin?

Hasbro Interactive was suing a lot of small publishers that published budget titles similiar to astroids and other 80''s classics after they bought the rights to a lot of old Atari classics. Of course, there wasn''t much legal basis, but that didn''t stop them (you can''t copyright or trademark gameplay ideas, only things like titles and art).

----------------------------------
AIM: IanWinsAgain ICQ: 60635592 TIM: FaceHat
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

quote:
Original post by UnshavenBastard

anyone knows that adress? then he/she could ask

I don''t know his address, but you Premier Press probably has it somewhere on their site, since he''s the series editor of their Game Programming titles.

----------------------------------
AIM: IanWinsAgain ICQ: 60635592 TIM: FaceHat
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

Well, any news that you get post it on here, I''ve been looking for that site for about a week now! I hope nothings gone terrible wrong with it, or that they are changing sites. Thanks for the news.

-Fredric

An update on Hasbro Interactive. Hasbro Interactive was just recently bought by Infogrames, and they now have control of the Atari license. It is possible that the copyright matter may change.

-----------------------------
kevin@mayday-anime.com
http://games.mayday-anime.com

quote:
Original post by grasshopa55
An update on Hasbro Interactive. Hasbro Interactive was just recently bought by Infogrames, and they now have control of the Atari license. It is possible that the copyright matter may change.

I guess if you consider a year ago "just recently". When I talked to André in the spring, he said that the Infogrames people wanted the suit to end, but that they didn''t want to just drop it. I never heard what the final result was, or even if it is officially over yet.

www.xgames3d.com is back up, but when you try to go to their forums in Area51 you get a page source rather then the forum itself. However if you bypass the link and go straight to a particular forum link such as http://www.xgames3d.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000014.html

Then no problems. I hope they get things sorted out soon. I really liked that site.

Guest Anonymous Poster
André didn''t loose. Yes, he didn''t get enough money to kick Hasbro''s ass, but that didn''t stop Hasbro from becoming bankrupt and dropping all of the charges. *Gnn*

I spoke to him myself so I know so.