AI in well-known games - how does it work ?

Started by
1 comment, last by LeoMaheo 22 years, 3 months ago
I''m soon having a seminar about AI in games, and I wonder if u know where to find info about the AI used in games like Civ3, the boots in Quake3 or the monsters in HalfLife, or Baldurs Gate 2 (the AI in BG2 is completely worthless, so it would be really interesting to know how they did it or some other well-known game. I''ve tried with Google, but it''s hard to find out how the AI is implemented. I only find info about whether the AI is bad or good (and almost always it is plain baaad, at least I think so (except for example for Civ3 and HalfLife and some other games)). Thanks in advance... (ps I know about GA and NN
I like to write games.. and to do real sports.
Advertisement
The Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Computer Game Industry ( HL AI )

The Q3 Bot

( joebot, a non commercial cstrike bot, but only german text :D)

@$3.1415rin

Edited by - as31415rin on January 3, 2002 5:52:32 AM
quote:Original post by LeoMaheo
I''m soon having a seminar about AI in games, and I wonder if u know where to find info about the AI used in games like Civ3, the boots in Quake3 or the monsters in HalfLife, or Baldurs Gate 2 (the AI in BG2 is completely worthless, so it would be really interesting to know how they did it or some other well-known game.

I''ve tried with Google, but it''s hard to find out how the AI is implemented. I only find info about whether the AI is bad or good (and almost always it is plain baaad, at least I think so (except for example for Civ3 and HalfLife and some other games)).

Thanks in advance... (ps I know about GA and NN

You might check out the "State of AI in Computer Games" articles written the last few
years by Steven Woodcock. Go to www.gamasutra.com and look in the Programming/
AI section of feature articles.

Eric

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement