graphic muds?

Started by
21 comments, last by Jerico2day 22 years, 3 months ago
Hello all, im wanting to create a graphical mud in DarkBASIC(http://www.darkbasic.com). What I want to know is, how do I make a gmud?? I dont know how one is supposed to work. Im sure i could set it up all from my head, but Im wondering if there are any "standards". What i want to know is if there are any tuts out there, it really doesnt matter for what lang..
Advertisement
Dark BASIC is for ppl who don''t want to learn and are not intersting in programming. In other words Dark BASIC is for loosers who are scared from programming and don''t know the abc of making games.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------F22 Lightning 3 Screen Saver:F22"]F22L3ScreenSaver.exePersonal Page
darkbasic is for losers who dont want spend hours with c++, who do it only for fun, and who expect people like you to fuck off, you who has probably made crap if anything in whatever it is you program with(gwbasic maybe..hmm..).
hmm 4 posts in this forum.. must be a popular guy, the guy who plays f22 lightning cuz he cant make his own damn game. Even with such a great language as you use...

sorry to all u other pplz, i just get emotional when losers rip on a product they have never used.. most likely this loser DID use darkbasic, and for a long time, but left. cuz he couldnt grasp the whole "programming thing". DarkBASIC is NOT for beginners as most people would think, even tho thats what the company boasts.. i find it very hard just to come out with a good looking product, and thats not a rip on the language, its because one does have to put a lot of time into what hes doing, no matter the language.

What the fuck do u mean "who are scared from programming and don't know the abc of making games.", what the hell do u think darkbasic was created for!! damnit i hate stupid people.

Edited by - Jerico2day on January 2, 2002 12:16:50 AM
Calm down. The world is full of pricks; if you get overly worked up over each one of them, you''ll simply die young.

I don''t know about tutorials or any specific info, but I think you could search on Google, SourceForge.net and The Linux Games Tome (http://www.happypenguin.org). You should be able to find a few MUDs (with source code) and look at both their design and implementation.

Good luck.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
i usually dont go off like that im a nice guy really!! but a bad day at work will do that to ya..

Thanx i will try that
I want to make a game similar to HALO in GW-BASIC, but I don''t know anything at all.
Can anyone point me to a tutorial about this? Any language would be fine (except C++, because that is for losers who spend time learning instead of just being naturally 31334).
"loosers"

Misspelling loser: The badge of a true loser.

Try switching to decaf, Striker.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I want to make a game similar to HALO in GW-BASIC, but I don''t know anything at all.
Can anyone point me to a tutorial about this? Any language would be fine (except C++, because that is for losers who spend time learning instead of just being naturally 31334).

Hmmm... are you so scared that you can''t at least log on and use your username to post idiotic comments, don''t you know that you should always stand by what you say?

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
quote:Original post by StrikerNR
Dark BASIC is for ppl who don''t want to learn and are not intersting in programming. In other words Dark BASIC is for loosers who are scared from programming and don''t know the abc of making games.

Dark Basic is just a way too simplify the game loop so people who want to create DX apps without having to learn C/C++ and then DX and then blah blah blah as usual. I have to say that I don''t really like it but that doesn''t mean that it''s not a viable solution for people who just want to get on with programming their games. Now instead of posting dumb bullshit, why don''t you learn what you''re talking about before posting and if you don''t like what I just said, shove it..

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement