What would make the best space strategy game?

Started by
25 comments, last by treknerd 22 years, 3 months ago
I posted some ideas about the real time portion of my game. It's long and ugly, but please take the time to read it and tell me what you think. -treknerd 1 - 12 - 02 2:17 PM also, there is the story summary which you may want to read. It was posted on the 5 January 2002 at 12:24PM. Thanks again. [edit] If you don't want to take the time to read this whole thread, the question is: What do you like or hate about space strategy games? Also, I posted a story summary of my game idea on the 5 January 2002 at 12:24PM or so. (You can find it by checking the dates on posts). -treknerd [\edit] I'm not going to say that I have this idea for a space strategy game that will be the best one ever made. This post is to find out what would should be put in such a game if I ever made one, and what should be left out. So I ask this question: If the best turn-based / real time space strategy game were created, what would it be like? Would it be real time strategy? Massive Multiplayer online game? Have universe big enough for a million + people to take part in? Post your ideas here!! Or, if there is some "feature" in a space strategy game which you really hate, post that here too. -treknerd Edited by - treknerd on January 5, 2002 12:28:29 PM Edited by - treknerd on January 12, 2002 6:19:56 PM
Advertisement
quote:Original post by treknerd
If the best turn-based / real time space strategy game were created, what would it be like?

well if anyone knew that they´d probably be on their way making it, wouldn´t they?
Sometimes life is capable of rather fascinating irony,and too teknerd,why don''t I just design your game for you.
Ask questions that are specific,I''m baffled at how willing some people are too give away advice on design.
Too some extent it''s fine,but in cases like this;
I wonder what it is you do as a designer?.
Fine people should post opinions on what they like and dislike,
but if you want me too put it all together for you.
You''re mistaken.

Humbug

"There's so much to do, and a lot of you are wasting time.This is ART dagnammit! get creative or get buried."
quote:Original post by treknerd
If the best turn-based / real time space strategy game were created, what would it be like?

It would be like a really good strategy game, set in space.

and aliens...
lotsa aliens...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
I'm not trying to steal everyone else's ideas or get someone else to design a game for me--I have my own ideas. I just wanted some input from other people about what they thought would make a cool game. What could make or break such a game?

And just so you know, I already have 20 pages of design docs written out, and lots more in my head.

-treknerd

Edited by - treknerd on January 3, 2002 5:46:40 PM
I think it''d be cool if you made a game where everyboyd could connect to a server or something and all play in the same universe. would that be a "massive multiplayer online" game?
link to your 20 pages, then we can discuss. asking "how do i make a cool game" will only bring you flames, i´m amazed that it´s been mild sarcasm up to now.

I''m not going to post 20 pages of design docs, but I might be able to summarize my ideas. Check back later.

And like I said, I''m not asking how to make a cool game. I suppose I could rephrase my question to:

What do you like or hate about space strategy games?

Is that better?

-treknerd
Explosive decompression. Lot''s of it. Much better than some silly aliens.

They''re coming for you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement