Macro Protection? "Qualifier 'x' is not a class or Namespace"

Started by
5 comments, last by JoshG 22 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I recently read the posts in a thread hear on "Macro Protection" I think that is what it was referred to as. Anyways, I tried to implement it. But I don''t think it is the actual Macro Protection that is the problem... I used to have all the code in one .cpp file. I knew this was messy, and wanted to change it, so I made a .h file for a class, and put the implementation of the class in a .cpp file. Then I included the .h file into my mainfile Now, I get an error when compiling of "Qualifier ''x'' is not a class or Namespace". I''m sure this is common among newbies, So can anyone help me? I have it setup like this: MyExe.cpp:

#include "MyClass.h"
void main(){
}  
MyClass.h:

#ifndef _THIS_CLASS
#define _THIS_CLASS

class MyClass{
  public:
    MyClass();
    ~MyClass();
};
#endif  
MyClass.cpp

MyClass::MyClass(){
  //Do stuff

}
MyClass::~MyClass(){
  //Undo Stuff

}  
The lines I get errors on are the lines in "MyClass.cpp" beginning with "MyClass::" Any Help? Thanks --Josh
Advertisement
You need to include MyClass.h in MyClass.cpp
If I do that then I get errors in the file "MyClass.h" in defines of the class, All my pointers that are declared, ie:

class MyClass{
private:
static OtherClass *Obj;
}

Then I get an error saying "declaration missing ';'"
And yet all my ';' are there!!

ok, here is the propper declaration of the class:
    class OOConsole{  public:    OOConsole();    ~OOConsole();    static void ConsoleIn(char*);                    //Allows input to the console    static void ConsoleOut(char*);                   //Allows Output from console    static void Register(OOConsoleFunction*);        //Identifies new commands    static void getBuffer(char*,int);                //Retrieves Console output    static void clearBuffer();                       //Removes all Console Output    static void clearLine(int);                      //Removes Output on a given line    static void LoadFile(char*);                     //Loads and executes commands from a file    static void Scan(char*,char**,char**);           //Breaks up a commandline into words  private:    static char Lines[MAX_CONSOLE_LINES][MAX_CONSOLE_LEN];   //Array containing Output    static BTree *FuncMap;                                   //Map of all commands    static int LinesFilled;                                  //Position of Last Output};    

If I remove the '*' from the BTree, then it SEEMS to work...
But i don't want to remove it

--Josh

Edited by - JoshG on January 3, 2002 3:18:19 AM
The error you''re getting is probably ''declaration missing before ;''? That means that you need to declare the variable type before you use it. You can either declare BTree before you use it, or include the header file that does that. Either:

class BTree;class OOConsole{private:    static BTree* FuncMap;}  

or

#include "btree.h"class OOConsole{private:    static BTree* FuncMap;}  

Well, The thing is, I have already included that file!
it is in the MyExe.cpp file
like so:

#include "BTree.cpp"
#include "Console.h"

or do I have to include it in the other as well?
If so, Wouldn''t that mean that I am declaring it twice?
Yes, you have to include the header file in every file that uses it. You then avoid multiple inclusion with:

#ifndef _THIS_CLASS
#define _THIS_CLASS
class MyClass{
public:
MyClass();
~MyClass();
};
#endif

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
ahh,
damn, I don''t think any of you understand what is going on.
OK. I''ll start another thread and re-write the question, PROPER details will be in this one, includeing ALL Code.

So that is an indication to that moderator guy/girl to delete this thread as it isnt of any use

--Josh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement