How many kinds of reactions

Started by
5 comments, last by DocJunioR 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I''m goin'' to code some intelligent characters for a game. These characters have to react to their environment. So I''ve got to figure out which reactions I need. Are there anysuggestions you can make? cya & thx DjR
cYaDjR====================may you be in heaven half an hourbefore devil knows you''re dead ;)
Advertisement
Well, it depends on which type of characters you´re gonna have...

They can become frightened of each other, just be neutral, or allies...
delete this;
Doc, I''m making a guess here, but the guess is that you haven''t sat down and thought about this yourself. The thing about AI is that it''s mostly common sense at the top level, i.e. what reactions should an individual have. More than that, once the architecture is in code for adding reactions then you can usually build on it on a need by need basis, presuming you''ve designed it fairly extensibly.

I''m not against giving suggestions, but I ain''t doing your work for you, especially when the AI requirements are as vague as yours.

Mike
Okay, I want to write a RolePlayGame with some kind of intelligent NPCs
I need at least these actions

fight, run away, eat, talk, go to sw

are there some more things?

if there is omething I forgot or sounds usefull, please tell me.

cYa
DjR
cYaDjR====================may you be in heaven half an hourbefore devil knows you''re dead ;)
Well, write a design doc FFS! Then you´ll know
delete this;
quote:Original post by DocJunioR

Yeah. Build a snare. Steal. Tie a knot. Persuade a fellow NPC that he is not a worthy successor to the throne. Make fire. Aspire to write a novel. Belay a partner. Build skis. Find a dog for a companion. Trim hedges. Build a boat. Sail around the world. Become a gem collector. Spy on people. Attempt to sell cheese to people passing in the woods. Tend a flock. Make flutes.

Oh, also, breed horses.

quote:

Nope. I think this should be enough for you to code for now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement