Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

death_jester

Compliers for Macs?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Well... if you''re running OS X you can download the compiler and tools from http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin for free. But if you''re using anything like OS 9 or 8 or whatever I don''t know of any compilers other than the one from metroworks. Its called Metroworks Codewarrior. I hear its kinda expensive. Their website is www.metroworks.com

I have heard that Codewarior is good. And it''s not that expenisve, it got a training version (just like VC) where you aren''t alowed ot sell what you make that''s pretty cheap.

quote:
Original post by death_jester
Arnt there any compliers that can run on an Imac? Please help.

Get CodeWarrior for Mac, it''s probably the best choice you have. As I haven''t had the chance to learn about any good compilers for the Mac apart from CW which I use on windows also...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Well... if you''re running OS X you can download the compiler and tools from http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin for free. But if you''re using anything like OS 9 or 8 or whatever I don''t know of any compilers other than the one from metroworks. Its called Metroworks Codewarrior. I hear its kinda expensive. Their website is www.metroworks.com

just a correction, the web site is: www.metrowerks.com

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

If you have money, get codewarrior (pro or educational version). If not, take the time and learn how to use Apple''s developer tools for OS X. I don''t know how good it is for doing something like a game though.

-treknerd

i didn''t like metrowerks before my school got new comps on the windows platform but it is supposedly very good. i just didn''t like the interface, and the fact that the old macs were so slow probably didn''t help that much either, so i guess you should go with metrowerks.