Compliers for Macs?

Started by
6 comments, last by death_jester 22 years, 3 months ago
Arnt there any compliers that can run on an Imac? Please help.
Advertisement
Well... if you''re running OS X you can download the compiler and tools from http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin for free. But if you''re using anything like OS 9 or 8 or whatever I don''t know of any compilers other than the one from metroworks. Its called Metroworks Codewarrior. I hear its kinda expensive. Their website is www.metroworks.com
I have heard that Codewarior is good. And it''s not that expenisve, it got a training version (just like VC) where you aren''t alowed ot sell what you make that''s pretty cheap.
As someone always points out: GCC runs on just about everything halfway modern. And it''s free (in both meanings of the word).

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
quote:Original post by death_jester
Arnt there any compliers that can run on an Imac? Please help.

Get CodeWarrior for Mac, it''s probably the best choice you have. As I haven''t had the chance to learn about any good compilers for the Mac apart from CW which I use on windows also...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Well... if you''re running OS X you can download the compiler and tools from http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin for free. But if you''re using anything like OS 9 or 8 or whatever I don''t know of any compilers other than the one from metroworks. Its called Metroworks Codewarrior. I hear its kinda expensive. Their website is www.metroworks.com

just a correction, the web site is: www.metrowerks.com

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
If you have money, get codewarrior (pro or educational version). If not, take the time and learn how to use Apple''s developer tools for OS X. I don''t know how good it is for doing something like a game though.

-treknerd
i didn''t like metrowerks before my school got new comps on the windows platform but it is supposedly very good. i just didn''t like the interface, and the fact that the old macs were so slow probably didn''t help that much either, so i guess you should go with metrowerks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement