clipper problem

Started by
2 comments, last by untalkative_monkey 22 years, 3 months ago
Ok people, I''m begging...BEGGING, somebody please help me... I know its going out of your way, but I need this fixed and I''ll be damned if I''m ever going to figure it out. I have this little guy on a surface, and I''m blitting it to the back buffer every frame, then flipping. He is controlled by the keyboard. The clipper works fine if you move the guy off the top, bottom, left and right sides of the screen. But if you move him off the top-left side of the surface, the screen fills with garbage! I have no clue why. The .cpp is huge, so i won''t put it here, but... Someone please download the http://www.geocities.com/untalkative_monkey/junk.zip file. It has the pic of the guy, a screenshot of the garbage, the .exe, and the .cpp files. If you want to run the .exe, put the pic of the guy in a c:\windows\desktop\c++\ex folder. Please help me, I will be ever so grateful. ...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
Advertisement
Everything looked ok in the code, though I was only able to give it a brief look. I''ll try to dig into it deeper later tonight if nobody else has figured it out.
Ok, thanks for trying anyway... if you find anything out, email me at monkeyass4@hotmail.com.

Couldn't find anything wrong in a second look either. Perhaps you should try using a more recent version of DirectX.

If this is just an example from a book you're working through, just move on and pretend it never happened. If it's something you're trying to build into your own program, then definately switch to DX 7.

Edited by - B-Barlow on January 4, 2002 3:48:45 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement