Action game style?

Started by
3 comments, last by Punk 22 years, 3 months ago
What kinds of action games do people usually like to play? Do you like stealth and strategy, or pure testosterone with the big guns and all? I have a few game ideas and am wondering which one to go with. No, really, what''''s wrong with your face?
No, really, what''s wrong with your face?
Advertisement
This is a nasty question, because both genres are very popular.

And in this case, you should make the genre YOU most like, because you''ll do a better job of making it.

Of course, if resources allow, try to include both!
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
I think someone should make a game about a fat plumber who goes around levels jumping on weird monsters and eating shrooms...

Then he has to save a fat chick from a gangster lizard!
----------[Development Journal]
i prefer the ''pure-blasting quaky'' kinda gamestyle but as you can see, both games make allot of money. If you manage to combine both like in RTCW did than ok
i come to destroy the healthy.
Yeah, just make whatever type of game you enjoy most. But to answer your question anyway, I personally prefer games that have some stealth and some run-n-gun. No One Lives Forever was great. Ideally, the game design would allow either type of play in any situation, though that''s difficult to pull off.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement